Abstract Submissions for the 2014 Satellite Meeting
To submit an Individual Abstract to for the Satellite Meeting, please refer to, and follow these submission guidelines:
- Ensure your NCM membership is in good standing
- Decide on your Individual Presentation Format (see list below) and prepare your submission based on its respective requirements.
- Select a Presentation Theme that most closely describes your presentation (see list below).
- Prepare to enter your contact name, affiliation/institution name and email address.
- Prepare an abstract title (max 225 character limit).
- Prepare the abstract (max 3000 character limit - approximately 500 words).
- Submit the abstract via NCM's online abstract management system. Please note, when submitting the abstract cut and paste it from a text editor (ie. notepad, wordpad) to ensure it does not include underlying formatting that may cause errors.
Satellite Meeting Overview
Satellite Meetings associated with the NCM Annual Meeting are important events for the Society. Discussions related to potential future Satellite Meetings generally begin 1 1/2 - 2 years prior to the target meeting between the Satellite Meeting proponent and NCM's President and Vice-President. Formal proposals must be submitted to the President at least one year in advance of the targeted NCM meeting, and at least one month prior to the upcoming annual conference to permit Board review and presentation to the membership.
Satellite Meeting Proposals
All proposals for the Satellite Meeting are welcome. These proposals must include:
- One page description covering motivation, goals, timeliness and organizational plan.
- Second page with a tentative schedule of session topics, and preliminary leaders and/or participants if available
- A proposal for funding is encouraged (e.g. NIH R13, NSF, other)
The above elements will help in securing funding, especially given the lead time required.
Ideas are presented at the NCM Business Meeting a year in advance. Once the topic is approved, an organizational plan is developed in collaboration with the President and NCM manager to coordinate the logistics and integration of the satellite with the main NCM meeting.
Submit Meeting Proposal
NCM members are encouraged to submit topic ideas for the Satellite Meeting. Send us your ideas for the 2015 Satellite Meeting by March 29, 2014.
Satellite Meeting Information
Information on past Satellite Meetings can be found here.
Information on the next Satellite Meeting can be found here.